Our skilled surgical teams, including board certified surgeons and highly trained veterinary technicians, make Wheat Ridge a great choice for your pet’s veterinary surgery.
Advances in veterinary medicine and veterinary surgery have been keeping close pace with those in human medicine and surgery. Over the last two decades medical technology and techniques have advanced rapidly, making this an increasingly specialized field. A board certified veterinary surgeon possesses the experience, training and expertise to manage complex surgical procedures. Surgeons at Wheat Ridge have access to advanced diagnostic modalities and surgical equipment.
Our teams recognize the value of collaboration with you, and your regular veterinarian, as a comprehensive team for your pet’s care.
Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)
We have Minimally Invasive Surgical techniques and equipment available at our hospital. There are many reasons to choose a minimally invasive option, the best one being a quicker recovery. View our MIS information on the side bar to better understand MIS. Contact our surgery department for a consult or to discuss MIS options in your pet’s diagnosis.
Types of Surgeries
- Abdominal Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- General Anesthesia
- General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Oncologic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- PennHIP Certification Radiographs
- Respiratory Surgery
- Skin and Reconstructive Surgery
- Stifle Surgery: Options vary based on your pet’s size and condition. Your surgeon can recommend the best approach given a variety of factors; options include:
- TPLO (Tibial Plateau Levelling Osteotomy) – Medium & Large breed dogs
- Lateral Suture
- MPL (Medial Patellar Luxation)
- Thoracic Surgery
- Urogenital Surgery
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Bandage, Cast or Splint Placement
- Blood Transfusions
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Open Wound / Fracture Management
- Pain Management
- Wound Management
- Deep Tissue and Bone Biopsy
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Oropharyngeal/Laryngeal Exams