Our Oncologist specializes in the most current methods to diagnose and treat cancer in pets while striving to preserve an excellent quality of life.
The Oncology department will work with your primary care veterinarian to provide the comprehensive care your pet needs. Our Oncology team provides comprehensive medical oncology services, incorporating chemotherapy and immunotherapy protocols. We work collaboratively with other department specialists in surgery, diagnostic imaging, interventional radiology, and physical therapy & rehabilitation to provide our patients with a thoughtfully tailored approach to diagnosis and treatment.
At Wheat Ridge, we will work with you, the pet owner, to make informed decisions every step of the way. We are proud to offer advanced medical and surgical oncology treatment options. Treatment recommendation is carefully tailored to the specific diagnosis and the individual patient in order to gain maximum benefit while maintaining the most comfort for your pet.
It is important to know that even in cases where the prognosis for a particular disease may not be favorable, palliative treatment options can be discussed which may help improve patient comfort and quality of life.
Some common signs of cancer in pets include:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Non-healing sores
- Weight loss despite adequate food intake
Our complete cancer care offerings include:
- Blood chemistry evaluations
- Biopsies of masses, internal organs, or bone marrow
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Management of chemotherapy toxicity when it occurs
- Comprehensive pain management
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Immunocytochemistry & Immunophenotyping
- Minimally-invasive biopsy
- Multi-modality therapy
- Systemic chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Surgical services
- Nutritional support
- Palliative Care/hospice management
- Surgical consultation